Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ferry Building


Walking around the Ferry Building on a Saturday morning is one of the best culinary experiences in San Francisco. That's when the Farmer's Market takes place. People buy their produce and other food items. Inside the building itself are many retail stores and restaurants. Cheeses, breads, pastries, ice creams, salumi, teas, etc. You name it, it's probably there in the Ferry Building.

Wait a minute! I forgot Scharffen Berger Chocolate ...






Here are a couple of places where I bought some food. Frog Hollow Farm had some morning pastries fresh out of the oven, that I couldn't resist. Across from that place, I bought some prepared food for my lunch. I suppose that by looking at the bag, some can tell where I got these items. I'll tell you later.



My lunch consisted of a gratin with truffles, pork tenderloin slices, a tart with pluot & frangipane (I think), and a savory kugelhopf. Include the view from the first picture and some jazz clarinet music from one of the old-time street musicians wearing a suit and you got yourself a wonderful dining experience.


Here's where I bought my lunch.

Boulettes Larder was recommended to me by a friend. It's not a restaurant, actually. It's a kitchen where they cook and bake all the food items for customers who want to buy some things to take away and eat at home or wherever.



Ferry Building Marketplace
One Ferry Building
San Francisco, California 94111
(415) 983-8000

http://www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com/