Monday, December 29, 2008

Monterey, Millbrae & San Fran .... Cisco

Continuing on my Nov. vacation from Monterey, the pastry chef from L'Auberge Carmel recommended this bakery as I head up north to the Bay Area:

Parker-Lusseau Pastries
731 Munras Ave.
Monterey, CA 93940
(831) 643-6300

http://www.parker-lusseaupastries.com





Once I arrived to my hotel near the San Francisco Airport, I decided to have some dim sum at Zen Peninsula.



There were no carts strolling by. I had to order from a list. I only chose a few things, since I had early dinner reservations at 5:30 p.m.




The jellyfish & seaweed salad tasted really good, nice balanced flavor. Overall, my lunch was pretty good. I would go back. If you want to see what I ordered, here's the list:



Don't ask me to translate. I don't read Chinese.


Zen Peninsula
1180 El Camino Real
Millbrae, CA 94030
(650) 616-9388

http://www.zenpeninsula.com/






For dinner, I went to Quince Restaurant. I ordered the tasting menu. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I ate exactly, I didn't ask for a copy of the menu and I was informed of Quince's policy of no photography of the cuisine. Mind you, here are the pictures I was able to take that evening.



The meal was wonderful. The pasta dish was what I remembered most, very delicious. Afterwards, I expressed to the host my appreciation of the tasting menu, as well as my condolences of Quince's current absence of its Michelin star. The host mentioned that it was more of a suspension until the Michelin inspectors can dine at Quince's new location later in 2009 near the Financial District. Nevertheless, I will look forward to dining there as well.

Quince
1701 Octavia
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 775-8500

http://www.quincerestaurant.com